domingo, 13 de septiembre de 2009

THE ANALECTS



REFLECTIONS OF THE ANALECTS




Confucianism is a Chinese ethical and philosophical system developed from the teachings of the Chinese philosopher Confucius. Confucius was a wise men that dedicated his life to teach others about important lections that help men in their desitions and in life.

He was oftenly recognized as the master of the Chinese people. And his teachings are still remembered every day.

We read some of his analects in class and I found the reading very entertaining. I liked it a lot because I believe that his teachings apply to everyone and even though they were written a long time ago they apply to the present times.

He was very wise when he said that leaders need to earn respect from the people in order to become trully leaders. If they treat the people kindly, they will be respected and not feared.

Also, I liked it when he said that now in the present, most people like to achieve things to be recognized by others. I believe that you have to achieve your goals in order for you to feel proud of yourself no matter what others think. It is important for you to be succesful but in your own achievements and not because of fame or recognition.

Parents must always be respected, as said by Confucius. I believe that this is important, not only because God said it too but because it´s the way it´s supposed to be. Parents have given us everything and they deserve our respect.

I liked all of Confucius analects because they relate to every aspect of my life and because they are very meaningful. I can understand how the Chinese relate so much to him and how they see him as their master.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario